Remembering Things Lost Upon Awakening...

I am a daydream believer and love to express my dreams and fantasies in my work. Realism and fantasy are one in my life, there is no line dividing the two.

Monday, May 4, 2009

Marin Headlands Trip







for a class i had to go to the Machine Gun Pits in the Marin Headlands, overlooking the Bay. I don't EVER shoot landscapes or macro or nature, EVER, but this trip was an eye opening, refreshing experience. it was nice to get out of the city, to a new environment, and to really see things differently. there was no hair or makeup to do, no skin to retouch or light perfectly. there was a beautiful haze of fog so the light was perfect and angelic. most of these shots i wasn't even looking through the view finder. i'd hold the camera low to the base/ground the details were on and hope that my 100-300mm lens would magically focus on the right spot ... (and it did, tip: gotta give you equipment a little love). whether or not these images will be used remains to be seen, but for now, it was the perfect little get away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UPCOMING ADVENTURES

Portfolio Building, Booking